How can businesses and organizations participate in Ugly Christmas Sweater Day?
Every business, big or small, can have an impact and help support Operation Breakthrough and you can do this in your own way. Kansas City’s Ugly Christmas Sweater day is fun and free! Below are some ideas to get you started. Rest assured you aren’t limited to just these. Get creative! These are intended to inspire you and be a starting point. Do what you feel is best to engage your employees while still supporting the cause and spreading holiday cheer!
- Adopt an Operation Breakthrough Family for Christmas.
- Host an “Ugly Sweater Day” at work where all employees donate money to be able to wear an ugly sweater to work for the day (similar to a Jeans Day)
- Host a team vs team completion of who can raise the most money, food, clothes, or any items you would be willing to donate to Operation Breakthrough.
- Dress your boss day: Teams donate money to “Dress their boss” for the day. The “boss” that receives the most money has to wear an Ugly Christmas Sweater themed outfit selected/designed by the team that donated the most money.
- Photos with Santa: Have employees bring in their families to take photos with Santa. Charge a blanket cost for photos and donate a portion of the proceeds.
- Match your employee’s donations.
- Directly donate to Operation Breakthrough.
Registration is free! We ask participants to let us know about the great things you are doing as an organization to support our cause by registering with our easy online form. As an added bonus for registering with us and sharing your support, we will include your name and link on our website to show others.